Thursday, May 14, 2009

My first post...

This blog will remain hidden for a little while, but I feel the need to put this out there.

We had a positive pregnancy test last night/this morning.  A weak positive, but there was still that extra little line! :) We're a little nervous and scared, but I, for one, am still totally excited.  I told some of my closest friends, and some friends I'm not too close to that also live far away.  I told them all to keep hush hush about it, so hehehehe...

We haven't told our parents yet.  I need to tell my mom soon though, as I need family history for that first appointment, come beginning of June.  So, for my blog, "Never felt that before..." is going to go through my journey through my first pregnancy.

Here's how I started getting suspicious about being pregnant.  First off, we were trying.  So that's good.  Second off, I started getting horrible mood swings and really nauseated at night when I'd lay down to go to bed.  I got the pre-period bloat, but it stuck around for nearly a week before I started wondering if something was up.  Finally, I also experienced some cramping.  I did the math -- ovulation occurred on April 28th, (basal body temperature records say so), so I should be due in mid-January.  Anywho, I can't breathe (hopefully allergies and not pregnancy-related congestion), but I took mucinex, so here's hoping that there are no harmful effects upon Baby, and that I can sleep well tonight.  More later... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment